Neal S. Blaisdell Center and Waikiki Shell House Rules
All patrons, tenants and performers shall observe and comply with all applicable laws and rules or regulations of the United States, the State of Hawaii, and the City and County of Honolulu or any Department thereof, including the following House Rules of the Neal S. Blaisdell Center (Center) and Waikiki Shell.
I. Admission into the Facility
Admission into any area of the Center or Waikiki Shell facility by the tenant or any individuals or groups authorized by the tenant, shall be solely determined by the Director of the Department of Enterprise Services (Director).
II. Standards of Conduct
The following standards of conduct shall apply to the tenant of the Center and Waikiki Shell, all performers at the event, and all individuals authorized by the tenant to be at the Center and the Waikiki Shell including all persons attending the event, except as may be authorized in writing by the Director.
1. The Department of Enterprise Services (Department) shall designate certain areas for seating of the physically challenged at all events held at the Center and Waikiki Shell. Patrons may obtain information and ticketing for such areas from the main box office.
2. No individual shall park in mobility disabled marked stalls without a State Department of Transportation placard.
a. Those needing mobility disabled parking, but not able to immediately acquire the State placard, may display written permission from the Director on the dash board. All others will be towed at owners’ expense.
b. Parking for these areas shall be charged at the same rate as for all other patron parking areas.
3. Smoking is prohibited in the Center facilities. This includes e–cigarettes.
4. Footwear is required for all individuals attending any event at the Center except as authorized by the Director.
5. Individuals attending a reserved seating event are restricted to the seat number corresponding to the ticket.
6. No food, beverages, bottles, or cans may be brought from the outside into any Center facility by any individual who is a patron attending an event. Picnicking at Waikiki Shell events is at the discretion of the Director. The City shall not assume any responsibility and/or liability for any picnicking at the Waikiki Shell. No outside alcoholic beverages are allowed to be brought in to any facility by any patron.
7. Waikiki Shell patrons are permitted to bring only back rests into the facility. Seats with any elevation above ground level are not permitted.
8. The Department reserves the right to limit the size of coolers or containers used to carry, store or refrigerate food and beverages and the number of packages or containers which may be allowed into the Waikiki Shell or restrict the right to bring any food or beverage into the facility.
9. No unauthorized cats, dogs, other animals may be brought into any Center or Waikiki Shell facility except under the regulations of ADA.
10. The hanging of banners or posters in any facility on the grounds of the Center or Waikiki Shell is prohibited without the prior approval of the Director.
11. Hand billing, leaflet distribution or other dispensing of literature and printed material on the concourses exterior and interior of events, or on vehicles at any Center or Waikiki Shell facility without the permission of the Director is prohibited.
12. Any person who is determined to be in violation of provisions (1) through (11) above will be given one warning and an opportunity to correct the violation. An additional violation will result in the violator being required to leave the Center or Waikiki Shell facility, without refund of any ticket admission fee paid.
Any person who is determined to be in violation of the four provisions a) through d) below will be required to leave the Center or Waikiki Shell facility immediately without refund of any ticket admission fee paid.
a) No unauthorized firecrackers or fireworks displays of any kind shall be brought into any Center or Waikiki Shell facility or upon its grounds.
b) No objects or missiles of any kind shall be thrown or projected inside the Center or Waikiki Shell facility or upon its grounds except as permitted by the Director.
c) No one shall commit any disorderly, obscene, indecent or unlawful act, or cause a nuisance on any Center or Waikiki Shell facility or upon its grounds.
d) No one shall destroy, damage, deface or disturb in any way any Center or Waikiki Shell facility or equipment upon its grounds.
III. General Rules
1. Activities not connected with ongoing events at the Center or Waikiki Shell shall be at the approval of the Director.
2. Skateboarding, rollerblading and other activities which are not a scheduled part of an event are prohibited in or upon any of the grounds, sidewalks, roadways, foyers, concourse and parking facilities of the Center and Waikiki Shell.
3. Permission for the sale of merchandise of any kind in the Center or Waikiki Shell may be granted by the Director only upon the request of the tenant.
4. Parking on the lawn or grounds of the Center, other than in the designated parking areas, is prohibited and violators will be towed at their own expense.
5. Alcoholic beverage consumption is restricted to authorized areas.
6. Overnight camping, picnicking, partying or tailgating in the facilities or property of the Center or Waikiki Shell is prohibited except as authorized by the Director.
7. General public access to Center facilities and grounds is restricted between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 6:00 a.m., unless there is an event in progress, and is prohibited at all times in any areas not designated for use by the general public.